Getting your Lyft and Uber Dallas Permits
1) sign up with one or both (https://www.lyft.com/drivers/DEDE341804 (get 50 rides in 30 days for bonus $$) or uber.com (use my code if you like for uber mh5j9a3que get uber bonus rides when you get 30 rides) (upload your insurance, regular vehicle inspection by taking a picture of the forms via your dashboard on both apps.) On uber go to your app and upload a photo of your vehicle with license plate in photo and yourself. DO ALL THIS ASAP because it can take a few days to be reviewed with Uber. If you just bought a vehicle upload your insurance and inspections otherwise wait until your license plate comes.
2) go to Alex Auto (the cheapest one I found $40 cash or $45) for Dallas vehicle inspection. It is a different inspection than the one you already have for your vehicle. 2532 U.S. Highway 80 E., Mesquite, TX 75149 972-216-0800
Other inspection centers near you
3) Do this first because it can take a long time to get it in the mail. However, if you get an email from City of Dallas with a temporary permit, print it out, laminate if you like, but this will suffice until one comes in the mail. I would not pick up at the airport if you don't have all your permits. Tickets are being written everyday for not having permits! Go online and order your Dallas Transportation for Hire Permit for you as a person at www.dallascityhall.com and click on transportation for hire permit $59 with background check. Create new user log in and order what you need and pay. You will have to renew yearly.
4) Go to Uber office and pick up vehicle permit - closest one to me is 5601 Bridge St. Suite 325 Fort Worth, TX open M-F 11-5pm. Do this before picking up at airport. http://www.dfwdrivers.com/2015/12/hello-world/
5) This is the last step. You must have the above numbers 2, 3 and number 4 done first and in hand! Go to DFW Ground Transportation to get Airport Vehicle Permit at 2424 East 30 Street Irving TX 75038.
6) My personal preference is to set up a NTTA.org toll tag account.
Other Helpful Information:
If you have to update your drivers license in Fort Worth go here: http://www.dps.texas.gov/index.htm